Money is one of the most important necessities of life. So why is it so difficult to understand at times? Why is it always changing value, and why can it make you happy one second and then completely ruin your life the next?
As children the concept of money was not entirely out of your range of understanding. If you were good and didn’t hit your brother, then you got an allowance with which to buy candy or a toy. If you came up short, your parents may have made up the difference in order to keep you happy. It was a simple transaction: being good = money = toy = happy you.
As an adult you rapidly discovered the true value of a dollar: now you work your fingers to the bone in order to pay for gasoline to get you to work, so that you can work your fingers to the bone. Long gone are the days of getting paid to be cute and being able to save money because you didn’t have any other responsibilities. Now it’s all bills, debts, and creditors.
Unfortunately, this scenario is extremely common across the United States. People work to pay for life’s other necessities (food, heat, shelter, transportation, etc.) and try to provide for their families…only to have the equation rapidly fall out of balance. As a result, every year nearly one million families in the U.S. file for bankruptcy. Even more require extensive financial planning guidance in order to prepare for retirement, not to mention setting up trusts and wills to provide for their families after they’re gone.
Do you have a stable and reliable financial plan? Or are you one of the many who could use a little help? At Bratcher Law, we can help give you the peace of mind you need as well as the confidence in knowing that your family’s future is secure.
Planning Ahead to Avoid Falling Behind
Susan Bratcher has spent her entire career fighting for people like you. With over 20 years’ worth of experience under her belt, she knows the value of asset protection. You work hard for your money, and at Bratcher Law we work hard on two fronts to protect it.
Maybe your concerns lie with filing for bankruptcy or dealing with huge personal debts. Maybe you’re worried about providing for your family’s future. Susan Bratcher is here to set up individual plans—no cookie-cutter advice here—to help you break free from the confines of debt, get you back on the right financial path, and preserve your dignity.
To make sure all of your bases are covered, Bratcher Law concentrates specifically on bankruptcy and estate planning cases. However, although our practice is relatively small, our knowledge, focus, and dedication to every aspect of these areas is what makes our guidance and support priceless.
Our Service Areas
Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy
The core idea behind federal bankruptcy law is helping you find and stick with a reasonable payment plan to pay off debts. Chapter 7 (“fresh start”) bankruptcy generally includes selling some of your assets to cover debts. Chapter 13 (“payment plan”) bankruptcy means negotiating an individual payment plan to reduce debt over a certain period of time.
We work to ensure that whichever chapter you file, your plan will provide:
- Financial security for the future
- Protection from repossession and foreclosures
- Freedom from creditors
- Protection from getting sued
- Improved credit scores
We’re committed to helping you create a financial foothold that will allow you to provide for your family’s future. We not only educate you on your options, but also hold your hand through the process to make sure every single one of your needs, goal, and desires is met. It’s time that your money started taking care of you. Which is why we help you create the perfect plans for your future, including:
- Trusts (specially allocated funds for loved ones to use in the future for college, a house, wedding, etc.)
- House care plans (FAH loans, refinancing, repair loans, etc.)
- Power of Attorney
More Reasons Why Bratcher Law Is a Legal Firm You Can Trust
- We take the time and effort to develop a close and genuinely thoughtful relationship with each and every one of our clients. If you don’t feel comfortable giving us a hug when you see us, then we’re not doing our job.
- We know exactly what you’re going through, so we make it a point to provide a calm and comfortable environment where you can discuss your needs and wishes without feeling overwhelmed, embarrassed, or anxious.
- We actively listen to your concerns to make sure we have a complete understanding of your finances and potential problems.
- We think outside the box in order to secure the best plan for your needs. For example, if your job is seasonal, we will work to set up a payment plan that adjusts with the season.
- We take the time to educate you on the various programs that can suit your needs, as well as financial options to secure your and your family’s future needs.
- We give it to you straight. After dealing with the frustrations and blows of bankruptcy and financial turmoil, the last thing you need is to be given false hope or have your options sugarcoated into sweet confusion. We believe that our clients should know where they stand. That is why we spell out their financial risk, provide options, and help them understand exactly what needs to be done while remaining kind and compassionate
- We strive to give you the personal attention you need throughout your ordeal—and after. You’re not a file number in our caseload, you’re part of our family and as such, we strive to do everything in our power to get you back on track.
- We treat our community as family. To ensure that you have the ability to choose the representation you deserve, we reach out and help clients all around Missouri and Kansas
When you find yourself in financial distress, whether it be the anxiety of bankruptcy or the frustration of planning your estate, there is no need to go at it alone. Needing help is not a sign of weakness…unless you ignore it. Allow us to help you relieve anxiety and find the strength to free yourself from financial worry and start a new life. You deserve it.
Call us today to set up an appointment to discuss your financial options. Remember, no one deserves to be caged by debt; allow us to help you break free.